So here we where inside Target, trying to pick out some new "dress" shoes for the girls to wear to church. I swear we went up and down the two aisles they had for childrens shoes, a MILLION times! Not to mention we spent a good 30 minutes in the shoe department, alone! Only for Makayla to pick out the SAME shoes that I had originally picked out for her in the beginning.
Okay... new shoes, check. As we continue walking, Makayla asks me if she could wear her new shoes. I tell her "no, not right now. Mommy has to pay for them first." Well, she obviously didn't like that answer because right then and there, she decided that she is gonna throw a fit and started screaming. She actually, sounded more like a wolf howling at the moon but thats besides the point. So anyways, here I am trying to calm her down and explain why she couldn't wear the shoes. Which by the way, only seem to make the matter worse. As I'm trying to comfort her, I look up and notice people staring at me!!
I mean, what is that all about? Have they never seen a toddler throwing a fit?
Embarrassed but trying not to let it show. I pick up Makayla and hold her, ask Shane to get the cart and we continue on our way as if nothing ever happened. Leaving all the "staring people" behind.
Just another reason why I LOVE MY KIDS!! :)
Monday, February 11, 2008
Ummm... Excuse me? Do you have a problem?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment