Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My babies are growing up so fast!!

Yesterday, marked another milestone for us! Makayla is officially a "big girl". We converted her Recaro toddler carseat into a boosterseat. Which was so exciting for her but not so much for me.

As we're in the car, I glanced back to look at my little girls-- realizing that they aren't that little anymore-- no more baby moments; they're gone. It's hard to explain, but watching them interact with each other and look so proud to be in their booster seats-- felt like some big kid moment, and not a baby moment. They're growing up-- so fast!

No more bottles, diapers, or cribs. No more highchairs, infant car seats, nothing-- it's all gone. And to top it off, we are weaning them off of their sippy cups. Which you think I would be estatic about, right?-- but I'm not. It's only a reminder of how much they really are growing up and how the baby days are no longer. Call me sentimental... but it brings tears to my eyes, to watch my babies grow up!

No comments: