Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Au Gratin Potatoes

While I wasn't anticipating on turning my blog into a recipe book. I really wanted to share this new recipe with you!! A couple months ago, we had a horrible experience with "instant" Au Gratin Potatoes. So when I ran across this recipe, I couldn't pass it up.

There are very few vegetables that are as versatile as the potato, you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and appetizers too! It is great fried, baked, whole, smashed, diced, and sliced. It is just an all around A+ food!! And while this is nothing monumental, potatoes really are one of my favorite foods, long live the spud! :)



Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/8 Tsp. garlic salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cans Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, drained


1. Melt butter in saucepan; add milk, blend in flour, stirring constantly until thickened. Add garlic powder and 1/2 cup cheese.
2. Combine potatoes and sauce in a 2-qt. shallow baking dish; top with remaining cheese.
2. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

* You can garnish with sliced onions, if desired.

1 comment:

smRteepantz said...

long live the spud... you're so funny. crack me up girl ;)
love you