Wednesday, February 6, 2008

JUST a stay at home mom?!?!

All the time in the World, huh?

I'm sorry. I must be living on the moon! I have yet to understand why anyone would think that I have all the time in the world... let me break it down for ya.

I've been asked, "Why don't you get a job? You have all the time in the world. Your just a stay at home mom."

Cracking up here... ha, ha, ha, HA... let's see! That question absolutely "blows my mind"!

So let's take today for example:

  • Wake up at 8 am
  • Wake up the Girls... hoping, just hoping they wake up in a good mood.
  • Go down stairs, make breakfast, feed Shane & the girls.
  • While they eat, I start the laundry for the day. (I usually eat while cleaning.)
  • Clean up breakfast.
  • Load the dishwasher and start it.
  • Give the girls a shower. (Yes, I still have to help them even though they are 3 and 5! That includes hair, body, & teeth.) All while hoping that they will cooperate and not completely drench me!
  • Then I help them brush their hair, get dressed and put their shoes on.
  • Then super quick, I jump in the shower while they watch morning cartoons.
  • I get dressed, do my hair, face, etc.
  • Then we run erruns all before 2pm, when Shane has to leave for work.
  • I make lunch for the girls, Shane and I. While they eat, I make Shane's lunch (aka dinner) to take to work.
  • I make sure Shane's uniforms and stuff for work is all together and in his duffel bag.
  • Shane leaves for work at 2:15pm
  • After he leaves, I cleaned up lunch.
  • Then I spend some quality outdoors time with the girls.
  • I also raked the yard and squirted off the porch.
  • By this time I have already unloaded the dishwasher and done like 2 loads of laundry. Mind you, I still have to put them away.
  • Make the girls beds.
  • Make my own bed.
  • I cleaned the bathrooms, (all 3.5 of them!)

Right now, I have finally found a moment to take a break and relax. I don't know about you but I think I deserve one! Although during this break runs the list of things yet to be accomplished... just a stay at home mom, huh? Honestly, people... that's just RUDE.

  • Vaccuming still needs to be done.
  • I have to make dinner.
  • Give the girls their nightly bath.
  • I help them get into their pajamas.
  • Read them a story.
  • After story time, we pray... it's our new "to do" since starting Church on 1.27.08.
  • Snuggle them into their beds.
  • Start a movie for them to watch, to fall asleep too.
  • Kiss them goodnight.
  • Check airline ticket prices for Shane. He is going to be a groomsmen in a friends Wedding in Petaluma.
  • Email the groom, Shane's Tuxedo measurements.
  • Take a shower and get myself in pajamas.
  • Finally, some downtime for myself. Some time just for me, alone!! Usually, watching a movie or play on the computer.
  • Wait for Shane to get home at 11:15pm.
  • Kiss goodnight and go to sleep!! XOXO

All of this without losing my patience and guiding my children in a loving, caring environment. AND no pay check. (Unless like me, you count all the hugs and kisses. If so, then I am the richest women alive!)... still money would be nice.

Give me some credit, I'm not at all selfish; I always put my husband and children's best interest and happiness before my own. I'm a nuturing mom; always attentive to my girls. I'm a perfectionist; My house is always clean, never has a thing outta place. Weither you believe it or not, I have a sensational marriage and beautiful, wonderful, healthy little girls; who have hearts of gold and outstanding manners.

On top of that, I some how manage to find time to look for extracurricular activities for Isabella & Makayla. Isabella will be starting Daisy Girl Scouts soon and Makayla will be in Ballet, come Spring. Then, I will be adding that to my list of "do to".

Plus, we go to Church on Sundays!

I also take care of the grocery shopping, finances, making sure the girls get to all their medical and dental appointments, keeping in touch with family, etc.

But you're right. I have ALL the time in the world. Unfortunately, right now, that time is taken up by so many things that I consistently forget to finish. Actually, I'm pretty sure I "remember" it all, it's just... the list seems to keep getting longer.

I would like to give major brownie points to those moms who can do all of this and hold a job. I'm not saying it can not be done. I'm just saying don't judge those who aren't ready or choose not too. Give it up! I'm just not ready yet... I already have a "job"... and the most important one at that!!!!

2 comments:

smRteepantz said...

;) i love you ;)

Anonymous said...

Tanya!
I love it! Who would say something like that to you? That was rude but don't forget not everyone is blessed with the ability or opportunity to do what you and the rest of us do. I have found that most who ask rude questions like that are just envious! Take it as a compliment sister you are a sucess!!!!!!!
I love and miss you!
Becky