Sunday, August 10, 2008

Surgery... NOW?!?!

Well, the results are in... I officially have GALLSTONES! Yikes!! I went for my second ultrasound on Wednesday and then back to the General Surgeon on Friday. It was a pretty interesting visit to say the least. Here is what I found out:




* I definitely have Gallbladder Stones, no doubt about it!




* I do NOT have a Kidney Stone, afterall.




* And I do NOT have Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease. Yay! After going around for 2 years thinking I did.




Needless to say, I have a hard time believing what the doctors and ultrasound technicians tell me now. But who could blame me?



The General Surgeon says the decision to have surgery is ultimately up to me. (Which I knew.) He said, "Some women opt to have it done now and others wait until after their baby is born." He also said, "That as long as I am watching what I eat and I'm not having anymore attacks (pain). Then I could wait until after delivery." "That both waiting and having surgery have risk."




Well... I told him that I wanted to talk with my OB first to get is opinion and I would get back to him. The general surgeon told me not to wait to long because if I am going to have the surgery done now, it has to be before my third trimester.




I have my next OB appointment on Wednesday... so I will update then with my decision. Right now, my answer is to wait until after the baby is born. But it may change after I talk to my obstetrician.

No comments: