From vacation that is...
It was so nice to get away for the weekend and enjoy some fresh air!! In normal weather. It was beautiful in San Antonio.
The first day, we took the girl to the River walk down town for the St. Paddy's Day "parade". Seriously? It was all of 5 floats. Five!! Thats it! Nothing exciting at all. Just a bunch of strange irish music and weird dancers with curly hair. It was a total let down. So we moved on... next thing on the list? The Alamo!! We get there and walk up to it and the only thing I could say is, "thats it?" My house is bigger then that! Another let down. Totally not at all what I was expecting. I honestly really dont know what I was expecting... but it definitely was not that!! It seriously just an old shack. Not very exciting at all. But we took a couple pictures anyways and continued on our way...
(the girls and I in downtown San Antonio)
(the Alamo. yep thats it!!)
After see the "oh-so-exciting Alamo", we grabbed some lunch and took it the Japanese Tea Garden and had a picnic. The Japanese Tea Garden was BEAUTIFUL!! And FREE. My two favorite things. :) The girls loved looking at all the pretty flowers and koi fish. I had to keep reminding the girls that "these flowers are not for picking!" I think Daniella even enjoyed it. So many colors to look at. I definitely recommend checking this place out if you are ever in San Antonio! After the Tea Garden, we decided to call it a day and head to the hotel...
Went to the hotel, showered, got our pjs on and went to bed. I wanted the girls to get a good night sleep for their "surprise", the following day!
Monday, March 16th... was surprise day!! We woke up, had breakfast, got ready and we were off...
... the girls had absolutely no idea where we were going until we got to the ticket booth to pay for parking!! They were soooo completely surprised and so excited!!!!!
SEA WORLD!!
We had a BLAST!! And thanks to Budweiser's Salute Our Heros program, all active duty military and their dependants get in to the park FREE once a year. We've gone the last three years! I will have to admit that I prefer San Diego's Sea World over San Antonio's. But for free? I'm not gonna complain! Both parks have their pros and cons. The only Sea World left is in Orlando and I'm sure one day we will have the pleasure of visiting that one too!
BUT I will say this... NEVER, EVER again will we go ANYWHERE for Spring Break! Sea World, along with all the other attractions in San Antonio were crazy!
Tuesday, we took the girls back to the Riverwalk... bought a couple souvenirs, walked around the River Center mall, and ate lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. Which was a first to us! Let me tell you... YUM!! Thats all I can say is YUMM! They have the best food and desserts, EVER! Plus, you dine in a pretend rain forest... with animatronic animals, thunderstorms- with vibration, lighting, and sound. It was an awesome experience and can not wait to go back. I recommend their "Mongoose Mai Tai" for beverage w/ water on the side of course :), "Rasta Pasta" for main course, and the "Volcano" for dessert! YUMMY!
After we ate, we got back in the car and made our 2 1/2 hour journey back home. :)
Since we took SO MANY PICTURES, I only posted a couple of my favorites. To see all the pictures, click on the links below:


No comments:
Post a Comment