Yay! I can finally blog again. Kids are asleep, husband is mesmerized by his XBOX, baby has been fed and is content in her swing. Bring it on...
So, since I am a little behind... I am going to try and recap quickly! There will probably be more pictures then journaling, just so I can catch up! So sit back, relax, and enjoy! :)
Here's a couple picture of the baby; before Christmas. I believe these were taken on: 12/18 & 12/19
"My mommy is camera crazy!"
This was just too cute.At one month old, Daniella is very alert... that is when she is awake. She's still sleepin alot. I would guess between 18-20 hours a day. --I sure wish I could sleep that much. Anyway, she is starting to hold her head up very well. She can move it side-to-side and she'll look at us when we talk to her.
The "haziness" (is that even a word?) on a newborns eyes is finally gone and she is starting to focus on objects better. She definitely knows who her family is; especially mommy. On 12/28, I got an "official" smile... nothing like beaming, toothless grin. It absolutely melted my heart.
She has a doctors appointment on 1/5 for a normal well baby check up. So I'll be able to post her weight and height then. For Christmas, she got a Tummy Time play mat from grandma and grandpa and it has a measuring thingy on it. Those measurements aren't exact but it says she is 21" now. So she is definitely growing. I hope she ends up with her daddy's height genes (well maybe not that tall) and isn't a shorty, like me. :)
On 1/6, Daniella has a post hospital discharge follow up appointment with her Cardiologist. Not exactly sure about what will happen but I do know that they just want to check everything out and make sure she is good to go. It's just a standard thing that babies who were in the NICU have to do; is to follow up with their specialist.
Right now, she is eatting between 3-4 oz. every 2-3 hours. during the day and about every 3-4 hours at night. I don't exactly get all excited about having to waking up in the middle of the night. But she is so worth it and the bonding is priceless!!
Daniella is FINALLY in 0-3 month clothes! Can you believe it? At 5 1/2 weeks, she is finally fitting them. Which gives me a bigger selection to put on her. Bye, bye premie and newborn size clothes.


No comments:
Post a Comment