Sunday, December 14, 2008

Almost one month old...

I can't believe Daniella will be a month old on Sunday!! It makes me sad to think how quickly these baby days go by-- you blink and they're gone. There are so many wonderful and amazing things about every single stage in your child's life, but the baby days are just so magical-- sleep or no sleep. Daniella is such a wonderful baby and has the sweetest personality. Right now, our little pumpkin spends most of her days sleepin' but when she's awake, she is so alert. Just busy looking around and takin' it all in. She only cries when she's hungry and it's the cutest little cry; sounds like a little lamb. :) I was breastfeeding her but she wasn't gaining weight and I wasn't producing enough to satisfy her. (Plus, I had my gallbladder surgery and went under general anesthesia. So that kind of put a damper on things cause I couldn't pump enough for her either.) So, a week and a half ago we started Daniella on formula. Which was pretty emotional for me because I really wanted to be able to breastfeed her but I guess not everything works out the way we plan. :( And as devastating as it was for me, she's actually doing really good with the formula-- and thats all that matters.
Last week, when I took Daniella in for her weight check-- she was 6 lbs., 4oz. Which is only a 2.7 oz. difference from when she was discharged from the hospital and her doctor was concerned. So we increased her intake from 2 oz. to 3 oz. because 2 oz. just wasn't workin' for her anymore and her doctor wanted to increase her calorie intake. And let me tell ya, she has no problem finishing off her bottle!!! Plus she is gaining weight... I took her in for another weight check yesterday and she is 7 lbs, 3.8 oz!! I couldn't believe it, 15.8 oz. in 6 days!! Some of her favorite things to do so far are taking baths, cuddling with mommy, watching her big sisters, and making faces with daddy. It just melts my heart seeing Isabella and Makayla with her. They are so gentle and caring... such wonderful big sisters.
I don't know... I guess, I find myself a little more emotional after this pregnancy then with my others because it's my last. My last-- pregnancy, my last-- labor and delivery, and my last-- chance to experience all the precious little baby moments. So I've been trying to cherish every minute of every day; because this is my last. And while I don't regret getting my tubes tied. It's just hard to comprehend that I will never be able to have another biological child again. With that said, I do believe God has a path for everyone in life and mine was to have three beautiful little girls and I couldn't be happier!!
I've been asked if... I wish we could've had a boy? And while it might have been nice. I'm happy with the way things are and quite content with my girls. :) Raising girls is all I know. Sure down the road, we will have a lot to deal with-- make up, puberty, boys, homecomings, proms, college, weddings. But not anymore then any other family and to be honest, I'm looking forward to it. I love watching them learn and grow. There's no where else I'd rather be, then in this moment. They're all so different and amazing that it really can't get an better than this. :)

No comments: