I had an appointment today with my new General Surgeon. It's official, I'm having gallbladder surgery. Or as the girls like to call it my "glub-glabber". :)
Anyways, I went in, signed all the paper work and I'm scheduled for surgery on December 5th, 2008.
I'm pretty much set for the Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. I got my lab work complete, my medications filled for post-op, and my post-op appointment scheduled. All I have to do now is pre-register at the hospital over the phone (which I'm hoping to accomplish tomorrow) and I'll be good to go.
My doctor went over the whole surgery with me and throughly answered all my questions. So I feel a lot better going into it now; not so nervous and worried. The only thing I'm concerned with is the fact that I will have a 2 week old newborn at home and I won't be able to breastfeed for a certain period of time. Due to the anesthesia and pain medication. But I'm hoping I will be able to pump enough for her prior to surgery until I can continue breastfeeding. So we will see how that goes.
Luckily, it's an outpatient surgery and I'll only be in the hospital half a day. The surgery itself takes about an hour to an hour and a half. I'm just ready to get it over with!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
"Mommy's Glub-glabber"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment