At my last OB appointment, my doctor decided to change my induction day. Moving it from Thursday, November 20th at 5:30 PM to Friday, November 21st @ 5:30 AM.
I was progressing faster then expected. So my doctor didn't want to induce labor the night before he was "on shift" like originally planned. Because he was positive that I would deliver before he be able to make it to the hospital the following morning.
So another night, we waited...
Shane and I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am the next morning. Apparently, the L&D unit had a busy night and there were no beds available. :( So we hung around in the waiting room for about half an hour before getting called back to pre-admitting. Around 7:00 am, we were finally in a labor and delivery room. Yay!
At 9:05 am, my doctor broke my water and by 10:15 am, I was asking for an epidural!! My contractions were so strong and coming so fast. Unfortunately, the first epidural didn't take... so I had to get another one!! Let me tell you... it's no picnic! But I really wanted it... cause the pain was unbearable.
As 12:30 pm approached, I was ready to push! So the nurses hurried Diane, Isabella, & Makayla out of the room and got everything set up. By 12:45 pm, my legs were in stirrups... I pushed once and baby girl was born.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Daniella's Birth Story
Daniella Jade
Friday, November 21st, 2008
at 12:48 pm
6 lbs, 2 oz.
19" inches
* Pictures and an up-date to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment