Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Induced!!

For everyone who doesn't know... here's my story:


I developed gallstones during this pregnancy and found out about it in my fifth month. I was refered to a General Surgeon and he suggested that I have the Cholecystectomy surgery done while I was still in my second trimester. I freaked out at the thought of having surgery while pregnant and asked my OB at the time, if it was necessary or if I could just wait until after my baby was born. He agreed that if I wasn't comfortable with it... he suggest that I wait too. So I did.


However, at that time I NEVER once had a gallbladder attack only slight annoying pain here-and-there. Now that I am in my third trimester (31 weeks, 4 days) and the baby is getting bigger and running out of room... I'm feeling more pain, in my gallbladder area and I've actually had two attacks. One that even sent me to the ER. (I literally felt like I was having a heart attack and dying! It was that bad!!)


Well, I just had my first appointment with my new OB, here in Corpus Christi, today. He's reviewed my medical records and asked me if I wanted to be induced a couple weeks early, betweem 38 & 39 weeks. That way I can start planning to get my Cholecystectomy surgery take care of. I REALLY, REALLY want to get my gallbladder removed (after the baby is born, of course) but I've never been induced. I want to be able to do whats safe and healthy for both baby and me. And I don't think my OB would suggest it if he didn't think it was a good idea.


So... looks like I'll be having little Daniella sometime around Thanksgiving. She may just be a November baby, after all. I'm nervous, yet excited all at the same time.


Now, if I could just figure out what I'm gonna do with Isabella & Makayla. I was originally planning on them being there for the birth and they can be. Both my new OB and the hospital don't have a problem with the girls being in the Labor & Delivery room but I'm not sure how they will respond/react. I don't want the birth of their baby sister to be a tramatizing event. Not only that but you never know how long labor will last... I know they will get bored just sitting around.


I'm sure everything will be just fine. I just need to stop worrying about things. It's just hard when you don't have any family around and haven't met any friends, yet.

No comments: