98 days down, 182 days to go!
At 14 weeks, Our baby...
* is about 3-4 inches long
* weighs about 2 oz.
* has a neck! (Meaning he or she no longer looks like E.T.)
* is growing finger and toe nails. He/She even has fingerprints!
* is starting to grow lanugo (downy hair)
* moves rapidly in the amniotic fluid. (Interesting fact - did you know that the amniotic fluid completely regenerates itself every three hours?)
* practicing "breathing" movements
and BEST of all...
I can FINALLY feel little flutters! How exciting? I love that feeling! Although, I never understood why people call it "fluttering" or refer to it as "butterflies" in your belly. To me it has always felt more like a little fishy floppin' around in there. I mean, after all the baby is in fluid! Hee, hee, hee...
Only 5 and 1/2 more weeks til we get to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Which is also my 24th birthday! What an awesome gift. Can't wait... hope the little booger cooperates ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment