Monday, June 9, 2008

A Library Surprise...

The girls and I went to the library today to sign up for the Kids Summer Reading Program. Well, today they also had a speaker come and talk to kids about...


Reptiles!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I hate reptiles... especially snakes! But the girls were super excited and really, really wanted to stay. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera. :( Which is weird cause I take that thing everywhere with me. So, I did some research and looked up pictures of the animals we saw today... for your viewing pleasure! :)



A Bearded Dragon


An Australian Blue Tongue Skink

Nope, this is NOT a snake. It's acutally a Golden Legless-Lizard.



... and this is a Rhinoceros Iguana.




We also saw a King Snake, a Tree Snake, and last but not least...



a Reticulated Python!!


Not only was this "baby" as the man called it only five years old and about 12+ feet long but MAKAYLA WANTED TO TOUCHED IT! And as we were waiting in line for our turn to touch it... I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand on end!! I'm so freaked out by snakes especially ones that are bigger then me! Yikes... lets just say I was glad to go home. :)

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

EEEEOOOOH! Glad it ws you and not me! :) Way to handle it! And what great pics!