Sunday, January 25, 2009

Isabella lost a tooth... actually two!

Isabella (officially) lost her first tooth on January 11th. It had been loose for a while, she kept messin' with it... and the darn thing never fell out on it's own. So after about a week of her walking around looking like a "barracuda". I ended up tying dental floss around it and pulling it out for her. Believe it or not, she actually asked me to help. I think she finally just had enought and got sick of it hanging there.
At first, she was okay with it. But after she looking in the mirror and realized that the tooth wasn't in her mouth anymore... she freaked out! "Oh my God, mom! Why are my teeth falling out? I need them. How am I going to eat? My friends are gonna think I'm weird."
I honestly couldn't help but laugh but I tried to explained to her that as she gets older, her baby teeth will start falling out. To make room for her "big girl" teeth. And that her friends won't think she's weird because they too, will lose their teeth.
I don't know if she fully understood but once I told her that they would grow back and that the Tooth Fairy was gonna come see her... that's all she needed to know.
She was beyond excited about the Tooth Fairy and couldn't wait to go to bed! Lets just say, the Tooth Fairy came and by three o'clock in the morning she was in my room, telling me about it! "Mommy, wake up. The Tooth Fairy came. She came and brought me two dollars." "Look mom, look!" So I played along.. and eventually got her snuggled back into bed.

Two days later, on January 13th, she lost ANOTHER tooth. The first one was her bottom left. The second was her bottom right. And the funny thing about it is... those were her first two teeth to come in when she was a baby. I still remember it to this day... August 26th, 2003. She was a little over 8 months old. Both bottom teeth came in, on the same day! First the right and then the left. I just think it's kind of ironic...

No comments: