Sunday, July 13, 2008

No More Monkeys Running Through The House...

This is what happens when you have monkeys instead of children :)

On Thursday night, Isabella was playing with Makayla and grandpa-- running around the house tickling. Well, that fun came to an end... Isabella slipped and fell, hitting the right side of her head on the tile. She instantly got a "goose egg" on the side of her head and cried! I figured it was just another bump and that she would feel better in the morning.

Friday... was like any other normal day. Except she was a little more tired then usual and was complaining of headaches.

By Saturday morning, she was still complaining of a head ache!And by then, her goose egg was no longer a knot but a squeshy area. So I took her up to the ER... and they instantly ordered a CAT Scan. About twenty minutes later, they told me that she had a SKULL FRACTURE with a little bit of bleeding. (Not on the brain but underneath the skull bone.)

I, of course, couldn't contain myself and broke down into tears. I mean... here is my little 5 year old girl... with a cracked skull!! I felt so horrible!

After the doctor revealed "the news" to me. She informed me that Isabella would need to be seen and observed for 24 hours by a neurologist. Which meant she had to be transported by ambulance to a different hospital.

Once, we arrived at St. Josephs Hospital, they ordered another CAT Scan. And after a scare that there might be "air" on the brain... they realized it was just artifacts in the film and that she would have to redo it. For a total of 3 CAT Scans in one day!! But everything turned out to be fine, nothing to severe, and the fracture will eventually heel on its own.


Poor girl couldn't have anything to eat all day, just in case they had to do surgery. But luckily, she ended up not needing it and she FINALLY got to eat her first meal of the day around 10:00pm.

:)

This was the face she made once she saw food!! She was so hungry that she eat all of her food and then sucked the ranch and ketchup packets clean!


My Little Sleeping Beauty!


I had the hardest time sleeping. So I stayed awake and watched her! She looked so peaceful and beautiful!!


Isabella was even happier once she recieved her breakfast! Pancakes and strawberries = Isabella's Favorite.


Her "All About Me" board...


Yay! She finally gets to go home. Like her awesome wheelchair? She thought it was so cool to ride in it and not have to walk out to the car. :)




And we can't forget about Makayla! She might be the "little sister" but she has a heart of gold and was just so worried about her big sister.

Makayla was so thoughtful-- she remembered to bring Isabella's favorite stuffed animal up to the hospital for her.


Now, if we can just make it through the rest of the week so we can finally see daddy!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

oh my gosh! How scary!! I hope she heals well and everything is okay!

And CONGRATS about having another girl! HOW EXCITING! I can't wait to see her!